If you ever find that the security of your garage door is in jeopardy, the best course of action is to change the opener code all alone. Custom garage doors ensure that you get the most out of your door. In fact, newer models of garage doors come with keypads in addition to the remote. This is something that can really come handy at the time of need. So, the whole idea behind this article is to make you aware of how you can actually change the opener code.
What do You Need to Have to Reprogram the Garage Door Opener?
The only list of tools that you shall need includes:
Changing Garage Door Code with a Keypad
- In order to reach the garage door motor unit, place the ladder right beneath it
- Over the side of the motor, you will find the learn button. Press the button and hold it down until the light located beside goes out
- This will remove the old code registered from its memory
- Make sure to push the button once again, this time the light will glow again
- Enter the desired code you want. This time you will find the light blinking
- It indicates that the code has been registered correctly
- Now all you need to do is press the button on your remote
- The light from the motor will blink once again
- The blinking light indicates that you have successfully reprogrammed the code
Changing Garage Door Code without a Keypad
- A first take off the cover from the remote control of your garage door. This will expose all the switches within the remote. Make sure to repeat the same process within other remotes as well
- By moving the switches inside the remote, you can change the code. Now, you can replace the cover on the remote control
- Now place your ladder under the motor and make changes within the same as well
- Make sure that both the code should match each other from the remote control
How Often Should You Change Your Garage Door Code?
If your wooden garage doors Las Vegas is not at any kind of jeopardy, it’s better that you only change your garage door code once in every six months. You can also tweak the time frame, according to your preference. Going through the steps mentioned above, it is going to take you just half an hour at max to change the code.
If you are someone who doesn’t want to compromise with their home security, Silver Fox Garage Door Repair is just the right company for you. Our authentic garage door parts ensure that you enjoy a seamless garage door experience. All of our certified professionals always make sure to provide the best in class customer service. So, the next time your garage door provides you with any kind of hindrance, make sure to get in touch with Silver Fox Garage Door Repair.