Whether you are using custom garage doors or not, getting more living space is always an added bonus. But, at the same time, extending your house can really take a ton of your pocket. On the contrary, one of the most practical alternatives is to convert your garage into something else.
Apart from just storing your vehicle, you can actually use your garage for a variety of reasons. In fact, the whole idea of this article is to provide you various ways in which you can use your garage into living space.
Different Garage Transformation Ideas
There are various ways in which you can transform your garage. If you are someone who wants to get creative, here are some of the idea worth considering:
- Guest House: If you are someone who loves inviting guests to your house, this is just the ideal conversion for you. Neither less to say, it can provide you with a budget-friendly option. Making the best use of the open space, along with large garage doors and a durable structure, is bound to create an impact on your guests.
- Home Office: For everyone who is running their businesses from their home, getting a dedicated workspace can really come handy. This is where converting your garage into a home office is worth considering. The garage can provide you with an ample amount of space, easier to move around, and above all, working with comfort.
- Fitness Room: It is imperative to understand that having your very own fitness room comes with its own sets of benefits. Apart from being convenient, it can also provide you with a cost-effective solution. Further including, you can now use your gym any time you want without imposing any restriction and time schedule.
- Playroom: Do you have a bunch of kids playing around the house? How about offering them to a dedicated space where they can enjoy their sweet time? In fact, you can also get peace of mind for that matter. This is where converting your garage into a playroom can really come handy.
- Man Cave: Another great way of converting your garage is to opt for a man cave. If you consider yourself as a grown-up boy, this is one of the spaces where you can really find comfort. Whether you are working on your hobby or just want to hang out with your friends, this is something you are really going to enjoy.
Why You Should Consider Converting Your Garage?
Although the exact reason might be subjective, there are certainly some benefits to it. Here are some of the advantages you can reap from converting your garage:
1) Additional Space
As we have already discussed throughout the article, one of the biggest usefulness of converting your garage is due to the added space you can get out of it. Neither less to say, over time, you can’t just fit everything to a single room. This is exactly where converting the garage is the most suitable solution whatsoever. Especially if you have a double garage, you can still make room to store your vehicle as well.
2) Budget-Friendly House Extension
No matter how you look at it, converting your garage is way cheaper than spending a ton of remodeling and house extension. In fact, you can actually convert your garage at a fraction of what would require otherwise. And you get yourself additional space without burning a hole in your pocket.
3) Increasing the Property Value
You would be surprised to know that converting your garage can actually increase the overall valuation of your property. After all, the buyer will be getting additional space within the garage, apart from just storing their vehicle. So, always consider this advantage while converting your garage.
Now make sure to understand that the overall price of the garage conversion varies based on the different features you are opting for.
Some Garage Remodeling Tips
While converting your garage, it is very important to get a proper plan to execute. So, in this section, we are going to discuss some of the most important aspects that go into converting:
- Insulation: Based on the condition of the garage, you can actually opt for insulation before converting it to a living space. Now, bear in mind, this is also significantly going to add up to the overall cost.
- Drywall: Opting for drywall is completely subjective. But, if you are going to spend an ample amount of time down in your garage, you should consider getting. Now, just like insulation, if you want to get a thick and fire-resistant panel, it might cost as much as 50% more than regular drywall.
- HAVC System: For every single conversion, installing a HAVC system is a must-have. Since garages are more influenced by outside temperature, you can also consider getting the cooling and heating equipment.
- Windows: If you want to add comfort to your living space, you need to invest in a quality window. Now, based on the size of the garage, you might also require multiple windows.
- Plumbing: Last but not least, getting a proper water supply to the garage is a must-have.
Is Converting Your Garage Worth It?
If you are in the intent to add living space to your garage, you can certainly can. In fact, it can actually open a whole new world of possibilities for you. Bear in mind, although the entire conversion process seems easier said than done. So, always make sure to seek professional assistance for the same.
Call for the Professionals
We here at Silver Fox Garage Door Repair strives to provide utmost customer satisfaction above anything else. Working with all the reputed manufacturers and suppliers, we provide authentic garage door parts Las Vegas. Neither less to say, with our 24/7 customer support, you can reach out to us at any time of the day.
So, what are you waiting for? Avail the best garage door opener repair. Contact Silver Fox Garage Door Repair and get the most of your garage.