A garage door is a very under-rated yet an essential part of our house. So, it is vital to spend an extra amount of time and effort while choosing the right garage door for your home. Are you looking for a replacement or installing a garage door but don’t want to invest much money or falling sort of resources? Well, we won’t encourage you to buy any cheap quality or any second hand used garage door in any of the cases. This deal may seem somewhat profiteering, but in the long run, you will have to regret this decision unless you are planning it for your backyard storeroom where you don’t have any serious business.
Reason for Not Buying a Used Garage Door
In the world of garage doors, you get what you pay, which means you shouldn’t expect more from that. You need to choose a quality product and ensure that you are spending your money carefully to fully enjoy the long-term benefits that a new garage door provides.
To help you steer clear of purchasing a garage door that won’t work to your standards, Silver Fox garage door experts have put together a glimpse into the woes that buying a cheap garage door can bring. A cheap garage door
- Poor Designs
Are you planning to give the overall appearance of your home an elevation to increase its curb appeal? Replacing an outdated garage door can be an essential part of the plan. But it is impossible to reach your goals with another second-hand item. With its signs of wear and tear on it, the used garage door cannot offer you the quality customizations or your desired color choices. They aren’t a good idea to set you apart from your neighborhood or take your property to new heights in appearance.
- Fails to Provide the Durability and Security
The materials are the determiner of the cost of any garage door. That is why the garage door’s low-price is a sign of its poor craftsmanship, which fails to withstand the challenges of the weather or break-ins. So, these second-hand garage doors will be a very wrong choice when it comes to providing durability and security to your family members.
Another weakness of these cheap and used garage doors is its fragile quality. They will make you suffer from a series of issues that include falling off from their tracks, dent and buckle yield pressure, become weak and damaged with regular usage.
- Regular Repair and Replacements Cost You More in The Long Run
These inexpensive and cheap quality doors are manufactured with all substandard materials that will give you regular and frequent complications. Repairing your garage door and replacing some of the other parts of it will make your life miserable. And in the end, it will cost you way more than what you had invested in buying it in the first place.
- Troubles Due to Heating and Cooling
Energy consumption is another vital feature you need to consider while choosing a garage door for your home or the commercial place. It also contributes to your entire ownership cost of the door. These low-quality garage doors have inferior insulation capability. Thus, the hot or cold air in different seasons can very easily pass into your home as it fails to seal the gap between the door and the floor of the garage.
Some Important Tips to Consider for Making the Best Choice
- First of all, we will again advise you to avoid investing in the used garage doors. If you consult a professional in this field, they will also reassure you that. But, if you are still considering buying a second-hand garage door, we would like to give you a few tips that might help you get a better deal out of your available options.
- Take the measurements of both the garage door you want to buy and the door’s opening of your garage to make sure they match.
- Make sure to have the same amount of space above the garage door. This space is vital in case you plan to install an electric door opener. It will need an additional clearance space of about two inches.
- The extra space is equally essential for the horizontal tracks, the depth.
- And in case the available space is not the same as required, you should go for new and properly fitted hardware. Making alterations to the existing hardware can prove fatal.
A Few More Points to Remember While Purchasing a Used Garage Door
- You should not essentially install a used garage door at the front of your house because a properly functioning garage door is way more important than a mere attractive appearance.
- It is better to go for a comparatively newer model of the garage door. Preferably you can opt for a door aged less than ten years.
- You can paint the door with colors of your choice and make a few small repairs. However, painting a metal door is challenging unless you are a professional.
- Remember to replace and alter some of the significant components such as worn rollers, rusted hinges, screws, damaged weather stripping, etc.
- Based on the garage door spring system’s status and age, you may need to replace it. The average life of a spring system is up to 5 to 7 years.
Call the Professionals
If you plan to give your garage door system an upgrade or want to install a used garage door, we at Silver Fox garage door will offer you world-class service for garage door repair in Las Vegas. We provide the installation and repair service of all garage door and motors related problems with proper assistance. Our 24-hour repair service will reach your doorstep at any hour or your need. We have all the certified professionals working for us with years-long experience and skills. We will provide the service and security for your house as you have never seen before.
It takes little effort to reach out to us at the Silver Fox Garage Door. We have round the clock customer support service. You can get free quotations to form us and schedule appointments with our professionals at your convenience.