Opening a garage door by hand is quite a stressful task on its own. The task becomes stressful when you have to do it on a regular basis. Imagine the situation when you are in a hurry and your garage door is creating a problem. Isn’t it the situation you would hate to experience? That is why you need a garage door opener. It can make things easy and quick for you. You just need to go to the market and choose a garage door opener according to your choice. For choosing a garage door opener, you need to know some basic things about your garage door. Otherwise things will be tough for you and you will end up in buying a garage door opener that is not appropriate for your garage. You must remember the length and weight of your garage door because they are the most important metrics to be considered while buying the garage doors.
After buying a garage door opener most of us don’t want to spend money on installing it and it is not a bad decision. Garage door opener installation in Las Vegas is not that tough. A garage door opener can be installed by you safely if you know some basic rules and techniques. Here we are going to tell you all about installing a garage door safely.
How to install a garage door opener properly
The preparation – Before installing a garage door, you need to prepare a few things. You need to check the mechanism of your garage door to install an opener because different types of garage doors have different mechanisms. It is easy to install a garage door opener for newer garage doors but if you have an old garage door, then check its function properly before installing the opener. The mechanism of your garage door will actually determine what kind of garage door opener you should buy.
Now it comes to the basics steps which you need to do before installing a garage door opener. For example, lubricate the tracks of your garage door properly as it will ensure that the door won’t stuck anywhere in between your opener and will work smoothly.
The second thing is an immediate electrical plug. It ensures easy access to electricity while working with the garage door opener.
Assembling the parts:
Arrange all the parts that the garage door opener has. Make sure to keep everything near your hand and organized so that you can get them immediately when you need. Don’t forget to read the included list with the package and the manual too.
- At the very beginning you will need to put the rail or the track of the garage door opener together. Attach them as the manual of it asks you to do.
- Now it is time to slide the trolleys or carriage on the rail. This is the thing that moves continuously when you open or close your garage door.
- The next step is to attach the largest piece of the garage door opener, i.e., the motor compartment. Attach it to the rail; ideally the position of the motor compartment should be furthest from the garage door.
- Pullies are one of most the important parts which need to be attached to the end of the rail. It should be kept on the opposite side of the motor compartment. Attach the belt of chain of the pulley at the end of the rail and screw it properly. It will allow you to regulate the tension of the pulley by adjusting the chain.
Also Read: Selecting A Good Quality Garage Door Opener
Install the blocking:
This is the process of attaching a garage door opener to the ceiling. To attach the blocking to your ceiling you need to follow the instruction which comes along with your garage door opener. Make sure that the blocking is attached to the solid wood of the ceiling.
Attaching the bracket:
Attaching the brackets is crucial as most of the garage door openers have two pieces and you need to attach them to the door at the right place so that both sides remain at the same height. It provides your door with flexibility and makes the whole assembly of the garage door opener successful.
The steps we mentioned above are the basic ones. There are few more steps, which are needed if you want to install the other features of your garage door. Now we are going to discuss those steps here in brief.
- To ensure the safety of the garage door and for emergency purpose, you can attach a safety rope. You must disconnect the cord manually to adjust the rope.
- To light up the whole area you can insert a light bulb. Most of the garage door opener compartments have a section or socket for inserting the light bulb. But you cannot attach normal light bulbs here. You need to buy rough service light bulbs which are made for this purpose. These kinds of bulbs are specially made for this purpose to withstand the vibration.
- You can also attach an electric eye safety system to make sure that it doesn’t close on anyone.
You can get all the instructions you need to install a garage door opener in the diagram which comes along the garage door opener. It usually contains every single detail of the garage door opener as different kinds of door openers can have different aspects and mechanism. If you need any additional garage door parts in Las Vegas you can find it easily on most of garage door companies.
If you don’t have this much time to spend on a garage door opener then you can call an expert to install it instead by you. You can contact our company Silver Fox Garage Door Repair in Las Vegas.