With the rising popularity of energy-efficient garage doors, the first thing that includes insulation. This, in turn, helps you to keep the heat or cold inside your garage, as well as keeping your energy bills in check.
Neither less to say, with an energy-efficient garage door, you can actually make more room within the garage. So, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the most important aspects that go into considering an energy-efficient garage door.
What are the Benefits of Getting Energy-Efficient Garage Door?
Bear in mind, saving on your utility bills just a part of the story. Neither less to say, there are other benefits you can reap from using an energy-efficient garage door. Some of the advantages include:
- Lesser Electricity Bills: As stated earlier, with an uninsulated garage door, there’s always the chance of letting outside temperature to gradually seep inside. This, in turn, can take a toll on your HAVC system to maintain the optimal temperature. With an insulated door, you don’t have to worry about the same.
- Better Temperature Regulation: When it comes to the garage, generally, they take a considerable space within the house. Keeping it energy-efficient will ensure improved temperature control. Neither less to say, it will also make sure that the system runs for yours to come.
- Added Durability and Strength: Getting an insulated garage door also ensures that you are adding more strength to it. This is something worth considering; it can exponentially increase the overall lifespan of the garage door. They are also durable, as the multiple layers ensure that they are not prone to damage.
- Higher Resale Value: You don’t have to worry about the added costs that come with insulating a garage door. It can actually increase the resale value of the home. In other words, you can achieve a higher ROI, incorporating the cost that went into insulating the door.
- Reduced Noise: This particular benefit can really come handy if your home is situated in a prone traffic area. With insulation, you can also get the advantage of soundproofing. So, you don’t have to worry about outside noises jeopardizing your workflow.
- Improved Comfort: If you want improved control, insulating your garage door with weatherstripping is a must-have. Pack that with an air conditioner and a heating system, and you have got yourself with one of the most comfortable garages.
Why You Should Consider Getting an Energy-Efficient Garage Door?
You would be surprised to know that garages are by far one of the uninsulated places within the house. So, if you want to improve the overall comfort of living, an insulated garage door is the best way to do the same. In fact, you can note the differences, especially during the winter seasons. As for the summer, it can also protect your equipment that would have been damaged otherwise.
How Seasonal Weather Can Significantly Impact Your Garage?
For all the residents living in Las Vegas, this is something they can always relate to. The seasonal weather variation can be significant, which gives more reason to install an insulated garage door. Take, for instance, during summer; you can easily protect your garage as well as the belongings from excessive heat. Similarly, when the temperature falls, you can still roam comfortably within the garage. In order words, with garage door insulation, you don’t have to worry a dime about the seasonal weather fluctuations.
How to make Energy Efficient Garage Doors?
While getting your very first energy-efficient garage doors, here are some of the aspects worth considering:
- U-Factor: The U-factor of the garage door actually defines the total heat transfer. So, a lower number ensures that the door can restrict outside temperature to hinder the inside.
- R-Value: A easier way to understand R-value is by the door’s resistance towards heat conduction. A higher R-value makes sure that it can’t conduct heat, as it is made out of effective materials.
- Material: Last but not least, the material of the garage door determines how it reacts to the temperature. Some of the most commonly used materials used for a garage door includes aluminum, steel as well as wood. So, combining the same with polyurethane can provide better insulation.
Other Ways to Insulate Your Garage
Apart from just getting an insulated garage door, there are other aspects to your garage that requires intensive care. Some of the most important factors include:
1) Check for Air Leaking
Make sure to understand; your insulation won’t work if there is air leakage within the garage. You need to ensure that all the components within the are properly fitted. There shouldn’t be any hole within the wall or garage door whatsoever. Opting for periodic garage door maintenance can also help with the same.
2) Weather Stripping
Opting for a higher quality PVC weatherstripping is a good start. Although it’s more on the expensive side, it is still worth investing in. You need to ensure that all the door sections are intact with weather stripping. You can also add thermal breaks, which in turn can provide the overall insulation.
3) Opt for a Smart Garage Door Opener
How many times have you opened your garage door and forgot to close it? Chances are it happens to us all the time. This is where a smart garage door opener can really come handy. Under such circumstances, it will close the door, keeping the indoor temperature optimum.
This is imperative to understand that custom garage doors come with its own sets of benefits. Here at Silver Fox Garage Door Repair, we make sure to provide the best customer satisfaction. With our certified garage door technician, you can get the best energy-efficient garage door installation.
Did we forget to tell you? Our customer service number is available 24/7 around the clock. So, whether it is middle of the night, or in summer noon, you can still get in touch with us. Avail the best garage door service, contact Silver Fox Garage Door Repair.